Annually and in collaboration with Goh Ballet Academy, GBCS presents its’ critically acclaimed production of The Nutcracker at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver. Since the premiere in 2009, Goh Ballet’s The Nutcracker has enabled thousands of local dancers, actors and gymnasts to share the stage with internationally renowned guest stars from some of the most-established professional companies performing together with live orchestral accompaniment, strengthening the power of dance and the shared joys it brings to our communities, promoting our artistic standards internationally.
Large-scale, classical productions are inspiring and meaningful for dancers and audiences alike. The Nutcracker has had proven impact over the past decade in assisting the realization of dancers’ aspirations for a professional career through world class performances and rehearsal opportunities, bringing seasoned dancers, local artists and musicians together and making unforgettable experiences for all.
Since 2009, a long list of dancers have taken part in The Nutcracker and are now flourishing in the field of dance with prolific companies in Canada and abroad including:
- Mikhailovsky Theatre, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Royal Winnipeg Ballet, Canada
- Pacific Northwest Ballet, USA
- Dutch National Ballet, The Netherlands
- English National Ballet, UK
- Sofia Ballet Company, Bulgaria
- Scapino Ballet Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- The Washington Ballet, USA
- Theatre Dortmund, Germany
- Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, USA
- Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montreal, Canada
- Nacional Sodre, Uruguay
- Oklahoma Ballet, USA
For more information on Goh Ballet’s The Nutcracker please visit: GohNutcracker.com
Support our production by making a donation. Receive a tax receipt for 100% of your donation. Funds will go towards costume and set refurbishment to keep our show of the highest caliber. Thank you for believing in us.